A Salmonella lawyer can help you get compensation for illness from contaminated food. Lawyers at our law firm have won millions in lawsuits against restaurants and food companies, including $6.5 million on behalf of a child who suffered permanent brain damage and $4.5 million on behalf a man who got meningitis and almost died.
You can contact our law firm for a free consultation with a lawyer: 1-888-377-8900 (toll free).
Can I Sue a Company for Salmonella Food Poisoning?
You may have the right to sue food company, restaurant or grocery store for Salmonella food poisoning if the following applies:
- you have been diagnosed with salmonellosis; and
- there is sufficient evidence connecting your illness to a food product or location (restaurant, for example).
The legal claims in every Salmonella poisoning lawsuit are based on the following theories of recovery:
- Strict liability – Products sold are not supposed to cause harm.
- Negligence – Sellers of food at every level are supposed to use reasonable care to ensure the safety of the food.
- Breach of warranty – Sellers of food warrant that it is fit to eat.
Do I Need a Salmonella Lawyer?
These cases depend on microbiologic and statistical evidence. Our lawyers are some of the few in the nation who have won food poisoning cases using this evidence. We highly recommend you hire a lawyer who has experience with outbreak investigations and litigation.
“Our law firm represents Salmonella victims nationwide. The insurance companies involved in these outbreaks know our lawyers and that we won’t accept bad settlements.” – Attorney Ryan Osterholm
Your Salmonella Lawyer Can Help You Get Compensation
The most common source of illness is food contaminated with the feces of infected people or animals. People who come into contact with stool need only pick up a few cells of Salmonella bacterium to become infected. Companies that handle food are required to take measures to prevent contamination and to detect contamination before food is sold to consumers. When that does not happen, people get sick. It is our job to hold companies liable for selling contaminated food.
Although the number of cases reported in the U.S. annually is about 40,000, it is estimated that up to four million infections occur in this nation each year because mild cases are often not reported or diagnosed.
Your settlement should include amounts for serious complications, like meningitis (brain infection), sepsis, heart damage, pancreatitis, and severe colitis (requiring surgery called a colectomy).
Salmonella Lawyers at Our Law Firm Investigate Outbreaks
The following are a few of the outbreaks Salmonella lawyer investigating:
- Salmonella from Eggs: A Salmonella outbreak linked to shell eggs produced at Rose Acre Farm and sold under a variety of brand names including Coburn Farms, Country Daybreak, Crystal Farms, Food Lion, Glenview, Great Value, Nelms, Publix and Sunshine Farms and Sunups has sickened 23 people in nine states.
- Natural Grocers Coconut Smiles: Our law firm is investigating an outbreak linked to Natural Grocers Coconut Smiles. Before this product was recalled in March of 2018, it was distributed to the following states: Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. Find out if you have a lawsuit for Salmonella from Natural Grocers coconut smiles.
- Lawsuit filed against Fareway Foods: Attorneys Ryan Osterholm and Lindsay Lien Rinholen filed a lawsuit against Fareway Stores, Inc. alleging Salmonella from chicken salad sold at a Des Moines, Iowa, Fareway grocery store in February of 2018.
- Restaurant in Minnesota: Attorney Ryan Osterholm is representing people who contracted Salmonella after eating at Smokey’s Pub in East Bethel, Minnesota, in early 2018.
- Multistate Outbreak Linked to Shredded Coconut: At least 25 people in 9 state have been sickened to date. Find out if you can sue for Salmonella from coconut served in a drink at a restaurant.
- Toyo Tire Food Poisoning in Georgia: Hundreds of people were sickened who ate a catered meal at Toyo Tire in White, Georgia, on November 15, 2017. We are representing people sickened in the Toyo Tire Salmonella food poisoning outbreak, and a lawsuit against the restaurant that catered the meal will be filed soon.
- Best BBQ in Chicago: Attorney Ryan Osterholm is representing a client who contracted Salmonella food poisoning after eating at Best BBQ on 1648 West 115th Street in Chicago’s Morgan Park neighborhood in August of 2017. This client was one of at least 14 people who became ill.
- Cilantro Fresh Mexican Grill Restaurant in New Haven – People who ate at Cilantro Fresh Mexican Grill restaurant, located at 1158 Whalley Avenue in New Haven, restaurant in June of 2017 are part of a Salmonella outbreak, according to the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH).
- Duffy’s Bar and Grill in Osseo, Minnesota – Attorney Ryan Osterholm is leading our investigation of an outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis associated with eating at Duffy’s Bar and Grill in Osseo, MN, in February of 2017.
- MOOO Restaurant in the XV Beacon Hotel in Boston – Attorney Brendan Flaherty is representing several people who were diagnosed with Salmonella after eating at the MOOO…. (ellipses are part of the name) restaurant located in Boston’s XV Beacon Hotel.
Contact us at 1-888-377-8900 (toll-free) if you were sickened in one of these or another outbreak.
What is Salmonella?
The term Salmonella actually refers to a group of bacteria, many of which cause diarrheal illness in animals and humans. There are many different kinds of this bacteria. S. Typhimurium (or .Typhi) can cause the illness typhoid. The illness caused by other types, including S. Enteritidis, which is common in the U.S., is called salmonellosis.
Complications include the following:
- Bacteremia – life threatening infection of the blood that can infect the brain (meningitis), heart (endocarditis), bones (osteomyelitis), and other parts of the body, resulting in sepsis;
- Reactive Arthritis – eye irritation, painful urination, painful joints and other sources of pain;
- Meningitis – brain infection;
- Wrongful Death.
Free Consultation with a Salmonella Lawyer
You can click here now to contact our lawyers and get your free consultation. We have helped hundreds of people get compensation and justice by filing personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits against restaurants, grocery stores, food companies and others.
In addition to the information above, attorney Fred Pritzker has also provided information on these topics: