Over the past few months, negligent truck drivers have caused a chain of serious multi-vehicle accidents throughout the U.S. Distracted truck drivers caused many of these accidents by either crashing into slowing traffic from behind or crossing medians into oncoming traffic. Speeding to meet a deadline is no excuse to endanger lives on the road. Neither is doing anything that distracts from the task of safely driving a semi-truck. Our semi-truck accident lawyers have won multi-million dollar settlements for victims and families who have been harmed by negligent truck drivers. When a truck driver’s negligence results in injury or death, they can be held personally responsible for their actions. If a negligent party caused the death of your loved one, you can file a wrongful death claim against them.
3 Injured in I-894 Crash Caused by Semi Driver Who Was Pulled From Service
A semi-truck driver caused a crash on I-894 that injured three people, just hours after he had been pulled from service. The crash happened on Monday, August 26th when a Freightliner semi-truck crashed into slowing traffic on southbound I-894 at Hale Interchange near Greenfield, WI. The driver was arrested for driving without the required Class-A commercial vehicle license and for operating while under an out-of-service order.
10 Injured in Chain-Reaction Crash Caused by Dump Truck on I-94 in Racine County, WI
A dump truck caused a chain-reaction crash on I-94 in Racine County, WI that injured 10 people on Saturday, August 10th, 2019. The crash happened when the dump truck crashed into traffic that was slowing down in a construction zone in the southbound lanes of I-94 near Ten Mile Road. Rescue crews transported ten people who were injured in the crash.
2 People Killed and More Critically Injured When Semi-Truck Crosses Median on I-94 in Racine County, WI and Causes Crashes Leading to Second Semi Going Off Bridge and Exploding
At approximately 11:00am on June 19, 2019 a semi truck traveling near Highway 20 in Caledonia, WI crashed through a bridge barrier over I-94, pushing the concrete median divider into oncoming traffic, causing three cars to crash into it. The driver of a second semi truck, traveling behind the three cars, swerved to avoid catastrophically hitting them, causing his semi to go off the bridge and fall the road below which lead to a fire and explosion. The drivers of both semi trucks were fatally injured in the crashes and multiple victims were transported to area hospitals with serious to critical impact and burn related injuries. Police are calling the driver of the semi-truck that went over the bridge a hero for sacrificing his life to safe the occupants of the three cars in front of him.
1 Person Killed and Another Injured When Semi Fails to Stop on I-94 in Woodbury, MN
On the morning of June 13th, 2019, the driver of a Freightliner semi truck on I-94 near Radio Drive failed to slow down when traffic in front of it began to stop. The truck struck one vehicle from behind which lead to a chain-reaction of further crashes involving two additional vehicles. The driver of the vehicle struck by the semi, 33 year old Andrew Russ, was pronounced dead at the scene. 39 year old Bonnie Brewer Rizzardi sustained non-life threatening injuries and was transported to Region’s Hospital.
9 Hospitalized After Semi Crash on Chicago’s Kennedy Expressway
A semi crashed into several vehicles on the Kennedy Expressway on the morning of Sunday June 9, 2019, sending nine people to the hospital. The semi was traveling southbound on I-90 near Harlem Avenue when it caused the chain-reaction crash. Illinois State Police cited the driver for failure to reduce speed to avoid a collision. Nine people were taken to area hospitals for treatment and one woman, a 23-year-old from Chicago, is listed in critical condition.
— Lisa Chavarria NBC5 (@LisaChavarria) June 9, 2019
Other Serious Accidents Caused by Negligent Truck Drivers
- A fiery crash on I-70 near the Denver suburb of Lakewood, CO killed four people and injured six. The crash happened when a truck driver lost control and slammed into a group of cars stopped in traffic, causing a diesel spill that fueled an inferno burning as hot as 2,500˚ F.
- A Buffalo, MN man died on Highway 55 in Hennepin County when a truck driver hit his vehicle head-on. The man died at the scene after a semi crossed the median and struck his vehicle.
- A head-on semi crash on the Ohio Turnpike killed three people and injured four. The crash happened when the semi crossed the median and hit a pick-up truck. After crossing the median, the semi’s trailer came loose and struck a second vehicle.
- A semi crash in Washtenaw County, MI critically injured two people when the semi driver fell asleep at the wheel. The semi had collided with a car, went through the guardrail and struck a second vehicle.
- A semi driver caused a fatal crash on Highway 151 in Columbus County, WI, killing one person and injuring seven. Police say the crash was caused by distracted driving and speeding through a work zone.
Our truck accident law firm helps victims and families harmed by semi-truck accidents nationwide. Contact us for a free consultation by filling out the form below, calling 1-888-377-8900, or texting 612-261-0856.