Apartment on Fire
Man Airlifted to Burn Unit After El Cerrito Apartment Fire

A 68-year-old man in El Cerrito, CA was airlifted to a burn unit after suffering second and third-degree burns in an apartment fire on February 27. The fire, at Idaho Apartments, located at 10203 San Pablo Avenue,  broke out just…

hospital interior
ABA Safety Tips for National Burn Awareness Week

Burn injuries are a leading cause of injury and death in the United States. Because it is National Burn Awareness Week, February 5-11, 2017,  the American Burn Association (ABA) has compiled some safety tips to reduce the risk of injury.…

Pritzker Logo
Man Suffers Severe Burns from Camper Fire in Mt. Juliet, TN

A man in Mt. Juliet, TN is in critical condition after suffering severe burns in a January 31 camper fire. The 60-year-old was airlifted to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville where he is receiving treatment for life-threatening burn injuries. Firefighters…

hospital interior
Families of McNeilus Burn Victims Set Up GoFundMe Pages

The families of McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing employees injured in a January 11 explosion at the company have set up GoFundMe pages to help with their recoveries as a record of past safety violations at the plant in Dodge Center,…

Fire, flames
Explosion at McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing Injures 6

An explosion at McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing in Dodge Center, MN on January 11, 2017 injured six people. Two people with severe burns were airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, which has a nationally recognized burn center. Two additional…

Mobile Home Park
New Year’s Day Mobile Home Fire in Burton, MI Injures 3

A mobile home fire on New Year’s Day in Burton, MI injured three people, one of whom remains hospitalized in in critical condition in the burn unit at Hurley Medical Center. The woman, 42, suffered first, second and third-degree burns…

Air ambulance helicopeter
Trenton Apartment Fire Leaves Woman on Life Support

A woman is on life support after suffering from severe burn injuries caused by a fire in her apartment in Trenton on December 28. When firefighters responded to the apartment fire on South Lexington Street, they found Blondivia Harris, 60, lying outside her apartment…

Lawyer for Fire and Explosion
Man Suffers Flash Burns When Gas Leak Causes Oven Explosion

A Hawaii man suffered flash burns when a gas leak caused his oven to explode on Monday. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he is listed in critical condition. The Honolulu Fire Department responded a 3:01 call of…

Pritzker Logo
2 Suffer Serious Burns in Explosion, Fire at ICES Corp. in Cleveland, OK

Two men suffered serious burns after an explosion and fire Tuesday at ICES Corp. in Cleveland, Oklahoma. The men,  the only employees in the building at the time of the incident, were cleaning and repairing the floors when they heard…

E Cig Explosion
California Man Suffers 3rd-Degree Burns When E-cigarette Explodes

Our law firm has been getting many, many contacts regarding E-cigarrette (vape) explosions. Some of our clients have been severely burned. Some have lost teeth. Others have had permanent damage to sensitive areas that will affect certain relationships for the…

Smoke Inhalation CDC
Delta Township Condo Fire Injures 4

Four people were injured in a condo fire in Delta Township, MI on Tuesday night. Firefighters were called to the scene of the four-unit building on Creekside Drive at 10:30 p.m. Delta Township Fire Deputy Andrew Jenkins found three people, a…

hospital interior
Man Severely Injured in Belmond, IA House Explosion from Propane Leak

A man in Belmond, IA was severely injured when a propane leak caused an explosion at his home on Monday. The man, who suffered burns to 60 percent of his body, was airlifted to University Hospitals in Iowa City for…