A Hawaii man suffered flash burns when a gas leak caused his oven to explode on Monday. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he is listed in critical condition.

The Honolulu Fire Department responded a 3:01 call of a gas leak at a house on Kulauku Street and found the injured man. He said he had been cooking when the oven door blew off.

The man was transported to the hospital and neighboring residents were evacuated emergency medical personnel. After Hawaii Gas Company determined the air was clear, residents were allowed to return to their homes.

Lawyer for Fire and Explosion