An explosion from a gas leak leveled a home in Homer Glen, IL Thursday injuring two people. The father and daughter both suffered serious burns and were initially taken to Silver Cross Hospital for treatment and later airlifted to a burn unit at Loyola University Medical Hospital. The father is in critical condition. A Go Fund Me Account has been established for them.
The house was located near South Parker Road and 143rd Street. Residents told local media that they smelled gas around 2 p.m. and called Nicor. A crew had been working to pinpoint the source of the leak for more than an hour when the house exploded around 4 p.m. Investigators are still trying to determine the cause of the gas leak and explosion.