Man Injured in Sand Gap Elementary Boiler Explosion Rehospitalized

Medical and hospital corridor defocused background with modern laboratory (clinic)

A man who suffered third-degree burns when a boiler at Sand Gap Elementary School exploded two weeks ago has been rehospitalized with complications from his injuries. He was one of two men performing maintenance on the propane boiler at the Kentucky elementary school when it exploded November 16 injuring both of them.

Both men were hospitalized and released, but Holland suffered complications from is injuries and had to be re-admitted.

 

Maintenance Issues at the School

Parents of children who attend the school said the boiler explosion is one of many building-related problems at the school including leaking roofs and mold issues. “There have been ongoing issues for years there,”  one parent told LEX18 TV News.

A school official described the incident as a flash fire rather than an explosion and said it was caused when a low-lying pocket of gas ignited. Investigators are still trying to determine the source of the ignition.

Source:

http://www.lex18.com/story/33801992/man-hurt-in-sand-gap-boiler-explosion-back-in-hospital

//www.wtvq.com/2016/11/16/breaking-boiler-explosion-sand-gap-elementary-school/

http://www.lex18.com/story/33777567/school-leaders-address-concerns-after-boiler-accident

Share this article:

Category: Fire and Explosion
Ready to talk?

We're here to listen. Tell us what happened to you.

We are not paid unless you win. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Related Articles