Collapsed lung (pneumothorax) can be the result of an impact during a car accident, motorcycle accident, or truck accident. What happens is something penetrates the lungs during the crash (a metal object or a rib), causing air to enter the space between the rib cage and a lung. It is this air that causes the lung to collapse, making breathing extremely difficult.
Our lawyers have handled a number of these cases and recovered millions for clients in personal injury lawsuits against negligent drivers, truck and bus companies and others. They are also product safety advocates. They have significant experience helping people win money from manufacturers for injuries caused by defective products. In one of these cases, they won a $3.5 million settlement from the manufacturer.
Settlement for Client with Collapsed Lung
In a recent case, our client was hit by a vehicle that ran through a red light. When the police arrived, our client was unconscious and did not appear to be breathing. After being forcibly extracted from the car and taken by ambulance to the hospital, doctors found that our client’s lung was punctured. Blood tests revealed that the driver that crashed into our client’s car was on drugs (amphetamines and methamphetamines) at the time.
Our lawyers quickly settled the case for the auto insurance policy limit. The amount of money we can recover depends on a number of factors, including the severity of the injuries and the facts surrounding the accident.
Free Consultation with a Lawyer
Call 612-338-0202 to talk to a lawyer in our Minneapolis, Minnesota office. We represent accident victims throughout Minnesota and the United States. We are one of the few law firms in the state with a national practice, representing clients with serious personal injuries caused by an accident with a car, bike, bus, motorcycle, or truck.
- Car Accident Settlement Attorney
- 10 Things Auto Insurance Companies Don’t Want You to Know
- How Much is My Accident Case Worth?
- Car Accident Lawyers in MN
- Airbag Explosion Lawsuit
- Pain and Suffering Compensation
- Accident Personal Injury Lawsuit
- Broken Bones (Fractures)
- Sue for Kidney Damage, Failure from Crash
- Sue for Traumatic Brain Injury
- Sue for Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury Caused by a Negligent Driver
- Tibial Plateau Fracture Lawsuit
- Sue for Whiplash after a Car Crash in Minnesota
- Sue a Drunk Driver for Personal Injury
- Dram Shop Liability | Can I Sue a Bar or Restaurant for a Crash Caused by a Drunk Driver?
- My Spouse Was Killed by a Drunk Driver