Contact Attorney Fred Pritzker and His Bad Bug Law Team
Our national food poisoning lawyers have helped hundreds of people win money in both personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. In obtaining compensation for our clients, we hold corporate wrongdoers accountable and help prevent future outbreaks of illness.
Our lawyers have won millions or people sickened by tainted food, including $4.5 million for a teenager who contracted E. coli food poisoning from restaurant food, $6 million for people sickened by deli meat, and over $2 million for a man sickened by raw milk purchased at a grocery store.
Our cases involve more than vomiting. Our clients have suffered permanent brain damage from stroke and meningitis, paralysis, kidney failure, pancreatitis, respiratory failure, and other life-threatening medical conditions. Dangerous foodborne pathogens (bacteria and viruses) can kill people. One bite of contaminated food can be deadly.
Attorney Fred Pritzker has stood by the beds of many clients as they fought for their lives, some little children. These cases are tragic and preventable. Yes, good sanitation could prevent most cases of severe food poisoning. You can contact our law firm to have a free consultation with Fred or one of the lawyers on his team.
Below are some of the settlements and verdicts our Bad Bug Law Team has won for our clients:
- $7.5 million for a young child;
- $4.5 million for a young woman who contracted an E. coli infection after eating at a national chain restaurant and then developed hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS);
- $4.5 million for a man who ate contaminated food and contracted Listeria meningitis, a brain infection;
- Over $3 million for a pregnant woman who lost her unborn twins after contracting a foodborne illness;
- $2.7 million for the family of an 81-year-old man who died after contracting a foodborne illness;
- $1.7 million on behalf of a 57-year-old man who developed listeriosis after eating deli meat tainted with Listeria bacteria;
- A record recovery for a Minnesota Shigella victim;
- Over $1 million for a client who became ill from ground beef contaminated with E. coli;
- Over $1 million for a woman who ate meat contaminated with E. coli O157;
- Over $1 million for a client who became ill after eating deli meat contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Our lawyers have represented people sickened in almost every major foodborne outbreak in the United States for the last 20 years. They have won settlements from big retailers, national chain restaurants, and multinational food companies. Because of our involvement in these outbreaks, our attorneys have appeared on CBS News, Fox News, and other TV news stations to talk about food safety and specific outbreaks of illness. They have been quoted by The New York Times, Associated Press, Lawyers USA, Law & Politics, and other publications.
Attorney Fred Pritzker is nationally recognized as a food safety advocate and litigator. He has been a speaker at Harvard Law School, Cornell University, and many other venues. Attorney Brendan Flaherty participated in an American Bar Association roundtable event entitled, “Food Safety from Farm to Fork: Litigation Perspectives,” hosted by the ABA Litigation, Food and Supplements Subcommittee.
Pathogens That Cause Food Poisoning
Our lawyers have won personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits involving the following pathogens:
How a Food Poisoning Lawyer Proves a Food Poisoning Claim
Proving a food poisoning claim requires the evidence of the following:
- Fault – that the food seller or processor did something wrong with regard to food processing, preparation, storage, or handling;
- Causation – the fault of the seller or processor caused the food to become contaminated and that the contaminated food actually caused the illness; and
- Damages – the harms and losses suffered by the victim as a result of consuming the contaminated food.
Food poisoning lawsuits are complex and science-based. Because our lawyers have handled so many food poisoning cases, they have access to microbiologists and epidemiologists that may be needed as expert witnesses, and they have the legal and scientific knowledge necessary to understand and effectively utilize scientific evidence.
Read about our law firm scholarship.