If you were hit by a truck in Minnesota, you can contact our law firm and talk with a Minnesota truck accident lawyer about a getting a settlement and justice. Our attorneys have won multimillion-dollar truck crash settlements, including $5 million for a man who lost a limb when his motorcycle was hit by an 18-wheeler.
4 Things our Minnesota Truck Accident Lawyers Will Do to Win You a Settlement
Your case will be won or lost on the evidence gathered by your lawyer. Our law firm, we will immediately begin our own investigation of the accident:
- Our lawyers will inspect the semi truck that hit you or your loved one as soon after the accident as possible. They will be looking for evidence of negligence (a cell phone, food packaging) and for clues as to what exactly happened. Was the driver able to see the car, bicycle or pedestrian that was hit? Were all of the parts in working order? Was there a defect of design that contributed to the accident? Our law firm has the resources to hire the best experts to help us build your case, and we are not paid unless you win.
- Your car, van, motorcycle or bicycle will also be inspected.
- We will make the trucking company and anyone else responsible hand over all relevant documents. We will pour over them looking for evidence of regulation violations, including driving too many hours, inadequate drug testing, etc. We will also look at corporate relationships to determine what companies are responsible and can be sued.
- We will interview witnesses, trucking company employees and others in the presence of a court reporter. The resulting transcript can be used as evidence at trial. This interview process is called a deposition. It is an expensive process, but depositions are important evidence and can lead to more evidence.
For many of our clients, the settlement money is secondary. What they want is to know the truth and to hold all responsible parties accountable for the injuries. Our law firm has the experience, skill and money to do that.
Bodily Injury Insurance Claim in Minnesota
When you are injured in a crash, you may have the right to sue the other driver for compensation and, thereby, get a payout from that driver’s insurance company. Below are a few of the questions that are pertinent to a lawsuit:
- What are your injuries?
- How long you were hospitalized?
- Did you need surgery?
- Do you have permanent damage?
- Are you still able to work at the job you had before the crash?
- What are your medical bills to date and do they exceed the amount available under no-fault insurance?
- Was the truck driver at fault, even in part?
- What companies owned the cab, trailer, and freight being hauled?
- Was there gross negligence (really bad behavior)?
Settlements for these claims can be in the millions and can include amounts for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, disability, disfigurement, loss of quality of life and other damages. When determining how much your case is worth, it is important to figure in future expenses, losses, pain and suffering, etc.
Serious bodily harm can include any of the following:
Legal Help if You Were Hit by a Truck in Minnesota
You can call 612-338-0202 or click here to get your free consultation. You can talk to one of our Minnesota truck accident lawyers for free about your personal injury or wrongful death claim.
Attorneys at Pritzker Hageman were named “Minnesota Super Lawyers” by Law & Politics magazine. Our law firm is in U.S. World and News Report’s The Best Law Firms in America. Our lawyers have significant experience in the area of commercial vehicle (tractor-trailer, dump truck, tow truck, garbage truck etc.) litigation. Our offices are in Minneapolis, MN.
For more information, read our “Truck Accident Frequently Asked Questions“.
We have obtained 75+ separate verdicts and settlements greater than $1 million:
We obtained this settlement for a man who lost his arm and leg in a gas pipeline explosion.
Our client suffered substantial injuries after ingesting a defective product.
Our client suffered burn injuries over 60% of his body in an explosion caused by improperly-odorized propane.
We represented seven children who suffered intestinal injuries as a result of a defective food product.
Our client suffered burn injuries over 50% of her body when a compressed natural gas line ruptured in a factory, causing an explosion.
We won this verdict for a child with kidney damage from E. coli.
See more settlements & verdicts.