Kirkland ham sold at Costco has been recalled for Listeria. Consumers who have purchased this product should not eat it as Listeria can cause severe illness and death. Among pregnant women, Listeria can cause miscarriages and stillbirths.
Do You Need a Listeria Lawyer?
Kirkland Ham Listeria Recall
Costco issued the recall on September 29, 2023, after being notified by Sunnyvalley Smoked Meats Inc. of Manteca, CA that a single code date of the ham could be contaminated with Listeria.
The recall includes:
- Kirkland Signature Master Carve Half Ham, Natural Juices Boneless Smoked Half Ham
- Sold September 26, 223 – September 29, 2023, at Costco stores in the Bay Area, Northern California, and Nevada
- Item number #46655
- Use / Freeze by Jan 20 24 and Lot # 264 – 4 sticker
Symptoms of a Listeria Infection
Symptoms of a Listeria infection include:
- Stiff neck, headache, loss of balance, confusion or convulsions
- Flu-like symptoms in pregnant women
- Fever and muscle aches
- Nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea
Experienced Listeria Lawyers
If you developed a Listeria infection from contaminated ham and would like to discuss your legal options, please contact our Listeria lawyers. Our Food Safety Team has more experience handling Listeria lawsuits than any other law firm in the country securing some of the largest Listeria settlements in U.S. history including a recent award of $6.4 million.