Angela Young, a 41-year-old woman was injured in a January house explosion in Grayson County, KY has died. Young, who sustained burns to 80 percent of her body shielding her daughter Johanna, 7, from the blast, had been in a medically-induced coma.
Contact Pritzker Hageman’s Explosions Team
Phone: 1-888-377-8900 | Text: 1-612-261-0856
Family members say they noticed the smell of gas after Midwest Propane refilled the propane tank on January 29. A Midwest employee also reported smelling the gas. Young and her daughter were leaving the house when it exploded.
Investigators believe the furnace malfunctioned after the propane tank was refilled.
“With furnaces and home appliances, faulty manufacturing that creates a leaky line, valve or hose can cause them to explode,” said Explosion Attorney Eric Hageman. “Or, sometimes they aren’t installed or vented properly. But filling the propane tank improperly can also trigger an explosion. One of our recent cases that settled for $10 million involved a propane tank that wasn’t filled properly. Our client suffered third-degree burns over 60 percent of his body, spent nearly two months in a burn unit.”
The explosion attorneys at Pritzker Hageman represent people nationwide who have been injured in explosions and families who have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one. To request a free consultation with our Explosions Team, please call 1-888-377-8900, text 612-261-0856 or, complete the form below.