A van fire in the parking lot of a Walmart store in Fridley, MN yesterday injured two young sisters Ty’rah White, 6, and Taraji White, 9. Both were taken by ambulance to HCMC where Ty’rah later passed away from her injuries.
Authorities say the fire, which eventually engulfed three vehicles, was started by a hot cooking stove in the van parked next to the van where the White sisters were sleeping while their mother shopped.
Surveillance footage from the scene shows Roberto L. Hipolito, 70, of Long Beach, CA, cooking something on the stove. When finished, he put the stove in the van, then put in some pillows and blankets, closed the van and went into the store to shop, according to a report in the Star Tribune. He has been charged with one count of second-degree manslaughter and two counts of negligent fire.
The attorneys at Pritzker Hageman represent people who have been burned and injured in accidents and families who have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one. To contact them for a free legal consultation, call 1(888) 377-8900 (toll-free), text 612-261-0856 or use the form below.