A man injured in a propane explosion near Victor, Idaho died at Teton Valley Hospital on Tuesday, March 12, 2019. Rodney Taylor suffered burn injuries from a blast on March 2 that occurred in a detached woodshop next to his home on 4500 West.

Neighbors Bart Kunz and Kasey Kunz called 911 when they heard the explosion. They found Taylor lying in rubble and moved him away from a growing fire. A downed power line posed a significant safety risk for these Good Samaritans who entered the danger area. Taylor was airlifted to the University of Utah Burn Center and later transferred to Teton Valley Hospital, where he died.

PRESS RELEASE:At 8:57 A.M. the Teton County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call reporting the sound of an explosion…

Posted by Teton County Sheriff's Office on Saturday, March 2, 2019

First responders asked surrounding residents to evacuate. The blast destroyed the woodshop and side of the main house. Taylor’s wife was in the house at the time of the explosion but did not sustain any injuries.

The Teton Valley Fire Department determined that a propane tank on the property fueled the blast but are still investigating what sparked it.

House Explosion Investigation

Experienced Explosion Lawyers

The explosion lawyers at Pritzker Hageman help families who lost a loved one get the peace of mind and answers they deserve. Our legal team helps families win millions of dollars in wrongful death lawsuits nationwide.

We are not paid unless you win. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.