A propane gas explosion seriously injured a teenage girl and demolished her family’s home in South Whitley, IN last Friday. Sixteen-year-old Summer West, a student at Whitko High School, is being treated at St. Joseph Hospital’s burn unit for third-degree burn injuries on her arms, legs, and hands. The explosion started in the basement of the house, where the teen’s bedroom was located. “Her whole room was consumed with flames and she literally had to run through the flames to get upstairs, to get out of the house,” her father Jerry West told WPTA News. A family friend set-up a Go Fund Me page to support the West family.
Award-Winning Fire and Explosion Lawyers
Our award-winning team of fire and explosion lawyers represent burn victims and their families in lawsuits nationwide. We have won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. Recently, we obtained a $10 million recovery for a man who suffered third-degree burns in a house explosion caused by a propane gas leak. For a free legal consultation, fill out the form below, call 1-888-377-8900, or text 612-261-0856.