A father and son suffered third-degree burns when a propane leak caused a house explosion in Waldoboro, ME on June 14. Robert Keefe, 59, and his son, Ryan Keefe, 29, both from Dracut, MA were repairing the home on 1038 Dutch Neck Rd. when the explosion occurred around 8:30 p.m. A massive fire followed the blast which was so powerful it knocked the home off of its foundation.
Fire officials believe a propane leak caused a dangerous amount of propane gas to accumulate and when the Keefes turned on a clothing dryer it ignited. They were taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland where they are receiving treatment for third-degree burns and other explosion injuries.
The explosion lawyers at Pritzker Hageman recently won $10 million for a man who was severely burned in an explosion after discovering through their independent investigation that a propane gas company that had serviced the tank had made careless mistakes that caused the explosion.
Waldoboro is a coastal town about 40 minutes southeast of Augusta. Neighbors described the thunderous boom of the blast and the enormous flames that engulfed the home to local media. Fire crews from Bremen, Nobleboro, and Waldoboro responded to the scene they fought the blaze for more 6than an hour and a half. The Waldoboro Emergency Medical Services and the Waldoboro Police Department. The
The Keefes were in the basement when the blast occurred and, despite their serious injuries, were able to escape through the basement window. They were initially taken by ambulance to LincolnHealth’s Miles Campus in Damariscotta and later transferred to Maine Medical Center.
The explosion attorneys at Pritzker Hageman provide guidance and answers for their clients and hold wrongdoers accountable. Fred Pritzker and Eric Hageman are our lead lawyers for these cases. You can read their FAQ on explosion lawsuits, request a free consultation or speak to them by calling toll-free at 1(888) 377-8900 toll-free. There is no obligation.