Man Severely Burned in Ensley, AL House Fire

Fire, flames

A house fire in Ensley, AL has left one man hospitalized with second and third-degree burns on 70 percent of his body. Witnesses said the injured man was completely on fire when he ran out of the house, located in the 2300 block of 23rd Street, on Wednesday night just after 10 p.m. He was taken to UAB Hospital.

Birmingham Fire & Rescue said several people rented rooms at the house and that the fire began in a bedroom area.  Four residents were at home when the fire broke out, the other three people were unharmed.

Burn lawyers Fred Pritzker and Eric Hageman recently won over $10 million for a man who was severely burned when a propane tank exploded. During their investigation of the case, they uncovered evidence that the horrific incident could have been prevented.

In another of our law firm’s multi-million-dollar cases, an investigation by our attorneys found that the owner of an apartment building did not repair smoke alarms in the building prior to the fire. When the fire broke out, the alarms did not sound and two people died.


Share this article:

Category: Explosion, Fire and Burn Injuries
Ready to talk?

We're here to listen. Tell us what happened to you.

We are not paid unless you win. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Related Articles