A tragic accident took the life of a young man from Leroy, Minnesota. He was driving a Chevrolet Impala north on MN Highway 63 in Mower County. Heading south on Highway 63 was a truck driver from Arlington, Texas. He was driving a semitrailer (International tractor and Wabash trailer). At about milepost 26, the car and truck collided.
At the scene were the Minnesota State Patrol, Mower County Sheriff Office, Olmsted County Sheriff Office and Stewartville Fire Department.
The accident happened yesterday, and the Minnesota State Patrol released the names this morning.
The roads at the time of the crash were icy, and it was windy.
Below are some of the questions that need answers to determine if there is a wrongful death claim:
- Was the truck driver driving too fast for the road conditions and weather?
- Was he distracted at the time of the crash?
- How long had the semi driver been on the road?
- Did a defective part in either vehicle cause the accident or contribute to the severity of the injuries?
- Were the vehicles recently serviced?
You can request a FREE case evaluation: click here now to use our free consultation form or call 1-888-377-8900. We are a Minnesota law firm with a national practice.