2017-08-25T14:37:43+00:00Pritzker Hageman, P.A.Fred Pritzker 45 S 7th St, #2950 Minneapolis, MN, 55402 U.S.A +1.612.338.0202

A family in Crookston, Minnesota, has been devastated by carbon monoxide poisoning, which resulted in the tragic and senseless deaths of two people.

“While we still don’t know what caused this tragedy, carbon monoxide deaths can occur when an appliance is defective or improperly serviced,” said attorney Eric Hageman. “So often we simply trust that the appliances in our home are safe, which is why it is so devastating when we learn they might actually be silent killers.”

If an appliance causes carbon monoxide poisoning, Eric helps the family hold the manufacturer and company that serviced the appliance accountable for the resulting personal injury or wrongful death.

Adult children have the legal right to sue for the wrongful death of their parents under Minnesota law. Parents do not stop being significant in a child’s life when the child turns 18. Wrongful death lawsuits compensate children for the loss of their parents and are often the only way to uncover the truth. Eric and attorney Fred Pritzker recently represented a family that was told by the police that their loved one was %100 at fault for the accident that led to her death. Fred and Eric left no stone unturned looking for evidence to the contrary. Their efforts paid off. The evidence they found helped them win $2.4 million at trial.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death. Carbon monoxide poisoning happens when there is so much CO in the air that oxygen in the blood is replaced with CO. The result is oxygen deprivation, which damages tissues. This can happen very suddenly if an appliance (heater, refrigerator, stove, etc.) pushes out excessive amounts of the gas.

You can contact attorney Eric Hageman for help at 1-888-377-8900 (toll free) or by submitting our free consultation form.