Rear Ended by a Delivery Truck – Who Can My Husband Sue?

Question: My husband was stopped on the highway to make a left turn and was rear ended by a delivery truck.  His car went down a ditch, crashed into a pole and started on fire. The truck driver pulled him out of his car, but he is severely burned. He also has multiple fractures, some bones were just crushed. The medical bills are sky high, and I don’t know what we are going to do without his income, because he can’t work. Who can my husband and our family sue in addition to the driver? I am thankful the driver helped, but it was his mistake that caused the accident.

Answer: You and your husband may be able to sue a number of parties (legal term for people and companies) for compensation. We have handled many cases like yours where the accident victim suffered catastrophic injuries, so we understand that your family needs financial help. You have to do what is best for your family.

In most cases like yours, we conduct our own, independent investigation of the accident. Part of this process includes looking at the accident facts and digging through corporate documents to find out who to sue. In addition to the delivery truck driver, the evidence may support claims against the owner of the delivery truck, the owner of the property being delivered and/or the manufacturer of a defective part.

Attorneys Fred Pritzker and Eric Hageman are lead lawyers for our Accident Law Team. They have won millions for their clients in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits against truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers and others. You can talk to them for FREE about your case by calling 1-888-377-8900 or submitting our free consultation form found HERE.

Share this article:

Category: Accidents
Ready to talk?

We're here to listen. Tell us what happened to you.

We are not paid unless you win. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply