The information below reflects the content of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) management information systems as of 03/01/2015 regarding J & R Schugel Trucking, Inc., a Minnesota company.
The following are the crashes reported to FMCSA prior to 03/01/2015.
Fatal – 2
Injury – 7
Tow – 44
Total – 53
Crashes listed represent a motor carrier’s involvement in reportable crashes, without any determination as to responsibility.
Do you want to get help with your personal injury or wrongful death claim? You can click here now if you want a FREE consultation. Attorney Fred Pritzker and his team of lawyers are ready to help you.
Legal Name: J & R SCHUGEL TRUCKING INC
Physical Address: 2026 N BROADWAY
NEW ULM, MN 56073
Phone: (507) 359-2900
Mailing Address: PO BOX 278
NEW ULM, MN 56073
USDOT Number: 116455 State Carrier ID Number:
MC or MX Number: MC-116446
Power Units: 527 Drivers: 552
Mileage (Year): 62,567,800 (2013)
This is an interstate trucking company that hauls general freight and, specifically, building materials, machinery, fresh product, commodities, refrigerated food, beverages and paper products.
5 Reasons Why You Need an Independent Investigation
- Evidence can be lost or destroyed if you don’t take legal action. Although federal law requires trucking companies to keep records, some of the records only need to be preserved for one year. A special letter to the company called a “spoliation letter” can preserve this evidence.
- The trucking companies have good lawyers who will be doing an investigation, so you need a top truck accident lawyer to conduct an independent accident investigation for you.
- There are professionals who specialize in accident reconstruction, which is needed in many cases to prove fault. We use some of the best in the business and have been able to win multi-million dollar amounts for our clients because we have access to these people. They help with our investigation of the crash and help us build a winning case. They also testify as expert witnesses if the case goes to trial.
- If the police or state patrol report states you were at fault for the accident, you will have to prove them wrong to win. This is very difficult, but we have done it in cases involving other trucking companies.
- Your accident may have been caused by a defective product (steering mechanism, brake, trailer hitch, etc.), and you may have a product liability claim. If so, you need someone to figure that out and to make sure the manufacturer of that part is held accountable.
Your Opportunity for Compensation and Justice
You have a limited time under the law to sue a trucking company for injuries caused by a negligent commercial driver. This time limit is called the statute of limitations. There are a lot of things that need to be done before your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit is filed. You can trust Fred and his team of attorneys to help you and your family get the compensation you deserve.