Propane Gas No Smoking Sign
Trailer Explosion Kills Baton Rouge Man

A Baton Rouge Man has died from injuries he sustained when his trailer exploded after he lit a cigarette. The explosion took place in the 2200 block of Park Circle around 2 a.m. on Sunday. Jason McNemar, 44, had been living…

Fire, flames
Explosion at McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing Injures 6

An explosion at McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing in Dodge Center, MN on January 11, 2017 injured six people. Two people with severe burns were airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, which has a nationally recognized burn center. Two additional…

Rubble-from-house-explosion
West Yellowstone Gas Explosion Injures 4

Four people in West Yellowstone, MT were injured in gas explosion at a mobile home on Tuesday morning.  A father and his three children, ages 2-13, were inside their home when it exploded shortly after 11:30 a.m. All of them…

Air ambulance helicopeter
Propane Leak Suspected in Winnebago House Explosion

A propane leak is the suspected source of a house explosion in Winnebago, NE on Monday that severely injured one man.  Tony Pycha, 87, was taken to Mercy Medical Center and later airlifted to be treated at the burn unit…

Waco Man Dies from Propane Tank Explosion Injuries

A 79-year-old Waco man has died from injuries he suffered when an outdoor propane heater exploded on Monday. Joe Aleman was hospitalized at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas with severe burns on 40 percent of his body. Falls County Precinct 3…

Smoke Explosion
Kansas Oil Rig Explosion Injures 5

Five people were injured, two of them critically, in an oil rig explosion in Kansas on Monday. All of them were hospitalized. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) said Tuesday that it has launched an…

Propane Heater Explosion
Guns N Hoses Fundraiser Proceeds to Benefit Clinton Family Burned in Propane Heater Explosion

Proceeds from the annual Guns n Hoses fundraiser basketball game in Syracuse City, UT will go to benefit a Clinton family burned in a propane heater explosion on October 2.  The Mathis family was on a camping trip  when a…

hospital interior
Man Injured in Sand Gap Elementary Boiler Explosion Rehospitalized

A man who suffered third-degree burns when a boiler at Sand Gap Elementary School exploded two weeks ago has been rehospitalized with complications from his injuries. He was one of two men performing maintenance on the propane boiler at the Kentucky…

Air ambulance helicopeter
Dakota Access Pipeline Protester Injured in Explosion Faces Long Recovery

Sophia Wilansky, 21, who was injured at the Dakota Access Pipeline protest, was airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) in Minneapolis. Doctors there say she faces a long recovery and as many as 20 surgeries. Protests of the proposed…

Arizona Fire Marshal Logo
Propane Explosion at AZ Butterfly Inn Injures 2

A propane explosion at the Butterfly Inn in Oak Creek Canyon, AZ severely injured one person who was airlifted to the Arizona Burn Center on Friday. A second person was transported to Sedona Emergency Center. The Sedona Fire District responded to…

Fire engine rushing to the scene of a fire
Food Truck Explosion at George Washington U Injures 3

Updated 11/18 Three people were injured when a food truck on the campus of George Washington University exploded on Wednesday. The injured, who were working inside  the bus when it exploded, suffered severe burns and were transported to he burn unit at MedStar…

Married Couple Dies in Fire from Explosion in Houston County, TN

A married couple died in a fire that began with an explosion in their mobile home in Houston County, TN. Fire crews were called to the house, at 150 Stephenson Lane, at 10:44 p.m. on Monday. A witness told NewsChannel…