Updated May 26 with case numbers A Salmonella outbreak has been linked to Los Amigos Taqueria in Boston’s Brighton neighborhood. At least 56 people have been sickened, according to the state health department. Health officials are cautioning any customers who visited the restaurant between May 12 and May 18 to monitor themselves for symptoms of a Salmonella infection including fever, vomiting, abdominal cramps, and diarrhea that can be bloody.
Do you need a Salmonella Lawyer?
Food safety violations prompted health officials to temporarily revoke the restaurant’s permit on May 18. The following day the permit for the Los Amigos in West Roxbury was also temporarily revoked for food safety violations.
Food Safety Violations at Los Amigos in Brighton
Inspection date May 18, 2023.
- Posted certified food managers certificate was expired.
- Lack of proper sanitizer at all work and prep stations.
- Visible rust and soil on wire storage rack.
- Chest freezers with excess ice buildup.
- Visible mold-like substance on walls and ceiling of walk-in.
- Multiple reports of foodborne illness.
Food Safety Violations at Los Amigos in West Roxbury
Inspection date May 19, 2023.
- No verifiable evidence of illness policy training.
- Lack of temperature monitoring.
- Lack of proper handwashing
- In-use spatula stored in stagnant water.
- Onions and Salsa Verde stored on the floor.
- Improper cooling method.
- Foods held and stored at improper temperatures.
- Dates not marked on stored food.
- Improper plumbing on prep sink.
- Rodent droppings on cans and bags of food.
Salmonella Lawyers with Experience
If you or a loved one developed a Salmonella infection and would like a free consultation with an experienced Salmonella lawyer, please contact us. The Pritzker Hageman Salmonella Legal Team has represented clients in every major Salmonella outbreak in the U.S. You can reach us by calling 1-888-377-8900, sending a text to 612-261-0856, or by completing the form below. There is no obligation and we don’t get paid unless we win.