A Salmonella outbreak at Chilis’s South Indian Cuisine in Seattle has sickened at least three people, according to the Seattle and King County health department. The illnesses were reported among customers who visited the restaurant, located at 4220 University Way NE, in September.
Did you get a Salmonella infection from restaurant food?
Genetic “fingerprinting” tests were performed on two of the three customers who were sickened and results show they were sickened by the same strain. Public health officials are working to determine the source of the outbreak.
In general, they are looking to determine If contaminated ingredients were delivered to the restaurant, if the food became contaminated at the restaurant through poor food safety practices, or if a food handler with salmonellosis did not wash their hands properly after using the restroom. So far, they have not identified any employees who were ill.
The three customers were part of two different parties one that visited the restaurant on September 17 and the other on September 23. All of them developed symptoms of salmonellosis including diarrhea, abdominal cramping, nausea, and vomiting.
Salmonella Lawyers with Experience
If you or a family member were sickened in this Salmonella outbreak and you would like a free consultation with a Salmonella lawyer, please contact the Pritzker Hageman Salmonella Legal Team. Our attorneys have represented clients in every major Salmonella outbreak in the U.S. You can reach us by calling 1-888-377-8900, sending a text to 612-261-0856, or completing the form below. There is no obligation and we don’t get paid unless we win.