Curtis Allen Ronning and Christine Marie Debuff were killed in a March 5 propane explosion at their home in Ryegate, MT. According to KRTV.com, Debuff and Ronning, owners of the Ryegate Bar and Café, smelled gas when they returned home from grocery shopping in Billings. So, they shut off the supply, opened windows to air out the house and went to the café for a while.  Shortly after they returned around 9 p.m., the explosion occurred, engulfing the mobile home, located at 105 Third Ave. W., in flames.

Two neighbors were injured trying to rescue them. Both sustained second-degree burns and had to be pulled from the home. They were taken to St. Vincent Healthcare in Billings where they were treated and released.


Pritzker Hageman Explosion Lawyers

Phone: 888-377-8900  |   Text: 612-261-0856

Contact our Explosion Lawyers Online


A propane leak is the suspected source of the explosion. Golden Valley County Undersheriff Mark Olson told KRTV that many of the homes in Golden Valley County have furnaces and appliances that are powered by propane. The state fire marshal and the federal Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) agency are investigating.

The explosion attorneys at Pritzker Hageman represent people nationwide who have been injured in explosions. We have recovered multiple multi-million dollar settlements for our clients helping them to cover medical costs and move forward with their lives. For a free consultation with our experienced Explosion Team, please call 1-888-377-8900, text 612-261-0856, or complete the form below.
We are not paid unless you win. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Explosion Attorney- fireball at night, Ryegate, MT Propane Explosion