Four people were hospitalized with burn injuries after a propane tank exploded during a crawfish boil in Krotz Springs in St. Landry Parish. The explosion happened on Saturday, May 8, 2021, at about 4:30 p.m. in the 400 block of Todd Ave.
At the time of the explosion, a pot of crawfish was boiling next to a shed that contained a leaking propane tank. When the shed was opened, the propane ignited and caused an explosion. The shed collapsed on one person, who needed to be cut out. Four people were airlifted to hospitals in Opelousas, Lafayette, and Baton Rouge. One person has burns on 30-40% of their body and another is suspected to have internal injuries. The Scott Fire Department released a statement that two of the four people injured were St. Landry Parish District 1 firefighters who attended the crawfish boil off-duty.
Compensation for Burn Injuries from a Propane Explosion
Our team of propane explosion lawyers represents burn survivors and their families in lawsuits across the country. In one recent case, our lawyers won a $10 million recovery for a man who was burned when a propane tank exploded on a residential property. Filing a propane explosion lawsuit will help you and your family get justice and compensation for your injuries. If you would like to talk to one of our lawyers about your case, please fill out the form below, call 1-888-377-8900, or text 612-261-0856.