A propane leak is the source of a November 2 house explosion in Charleston, West Virginia that injured three people. Two of them remain hospitalized in critical condition. One of them, who sustained burns to 68 percent of his body, was airlifted to the burn unit of a Pittsburgh hospital.
Contact the Pritzker Hageman Explosion Team
Phone: 1-888-377-8900 | Text: 1-612-261-0856
Three family members, a 33-year-old man, a 55-year-old woman, and a 68-year-old man, were inside the house on Kearse Drive when the explosion occurred sending a fireball skyward. The force of the blast was so strong it blew out the windows of neighboring homes.
Charleston Fire Department Lt. David Hodges told WSAZ3 that propane heaters should only be used outside. Even a small leak can cause an explosion, he said, adding that electric heaters should only be used when you are awake and watching them, not while you are sleeping.
Experienced Explosion Lawyers
The explosion attorneys at the national law firm Pritzker Hageman represent people who have been injured in explosions and the families of those who have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one. For a free consultation with our experienced Explosion Team, please call 1-888-377-8900, text 612-261-0856, or complete the form below.