A gas leak caused a deadly house explosion in Maynard, Mass. last Thursday. Fire crews responded to the scene at 27 Park Street after receiving reports of a gas-like smell coming from the house. Firefighters arrived to find a quickly growing fire with smoke coming out of the windows of the house. The flames were so intense that neighbors reported feeling the heat inside their own homes. Sadly, a man in his 60s was found dead in the basement. It is unknown if anyone else was home at the time of the blast, but neighbors told NBC10 Boston that “a lovely couple has lived there for over 40 years.”
Explosion Lawyers Call for Quicker Reporting and More Transparency From Gas Companies
On Saturday morning, just 48 hours after the fiery explosion, fire crews responded to two additional reports of gas-like smells in the area. Eversource determined that gas was leaking from a regulator. After testing all gas services in Maynard, officials determined the house explosion was caused by an underground gas line that leaked and ignited in the basement crawlspace. Fire officials also stressed the importance of quickly reporting gas leaks. Our team of fire and explosion lawyers at Pritzker Hageman have appeared on WCCO-CBS Minnesota to call for more transparency and information sharing by gas companies.
About our Team of Gas Explosion Lawyers
Our team of gas explosion lawyers has been representing burn survivors and families who lost a loved one for the past 40 years. We have won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients in explosion lawsuits against powerful companies. For a free, no-obligation consultation, please call 1-888-377-8900, text 612-261-0856, or fill out the form below.