Propane is the suspected source of a house explosion in the Blue Sky Manor mobile home park in Wurtsboro, NY that left an 81-year-old man with burns on over 50 percent of his body. The home, located at 25 Laura Jean Lane, was leveled by the blast which occurred just after 12 a.m. on June 23 trapping the man beneath the rubble. The local fire chief said five neighbors who rushed to free the man saved his life.
Emergency officials said the man suffered first-, second- and third-degree burns and was airlifted to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla.
A propane tank is the suspected source of the explosion, but an investigation is ongoing.
The explosion attorneys at Pritzker Hageman represent clients nationwide. In one of our recent cases, we recovered $10 million for a client injured when a residential propane leak caused a house to explode. If you or a loved one has been injured and would like a free consultation with our experienced team, please call 1-888-377-8900, text 612-261-0856, or complete the form below.