Fire officials are investigating a propane leak as the possible source of a fire and explosion that injured two people on Nantucket last Thursday. A man believed to be inside the home on 11 Woodbury Lane was hospitalized in Boston for serious injuries. A neighbor was also injured. The blast could be heard from as far as three miles away and damaged several nearby homes. According to the Nantucket Fire Department, “Given the damage, the exact ignition source may not be known, as it could have been any pilot light, open flame or spark from a compressor.”
An odorant called ethyl mercaptan is added to propane gas, which makes the gas smell like rotten eggs. If you detect a rotten egg smell in your home, leave the property without touching the light switches and call 911.
Fire and Explosion Lawyers
Our team of fire and explosion lawyers represents burn victims and their families in house explosion cases nationwide. We have won millions of dollars for our clients, many of whom were injured or killed in house explosions caused by a propane leak. In one recent case, we obtained a $10 million recovery for a man who was severely burned in a propane house explosion. If you or a loved one were injured in a propane explosion, you may be able to sue for justice and compensation. For a free consultation with our legal team, please call 1-888-377-8900, text 612-261-0856, or fill out the form below.