Natural gas was the source of a January 4 Detroit house explosion that sent six people to the hospital for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation, fire investigators said. Fire crews dug through the rubble of the home to rescue a trapped dog now named Miracle because she suffered a broken pelvis but survived.
Contact Pritzker Hageman’s Explosions Team
Phone: 1-888-377-8900 | Text: 1-612-261-0856
This poor dog, renamed “Miracle,” survived a home explosion in Detroit last night! She broke part of her pelvis, but is expected to make a full recovery. What’s next for the pooch? See at 11p on @Local4News pic.twitter.com/nGzW0Lab1v
— VICTOR WILLIAMS (@NewsWithVictor) January 5, 2020
The people who were injured are all in their 20s and 30s. Officials did not provide the current status of their injuries.
The explosion occurred around 7:20 p.m. destroying the house located in the 14400 block of Evergreen near Lyndon Street. DTE Energy shut off gas lines to the area until the fire that followed the blast was brought under control and investigators could determine the source of the blast.
This is the second time in six months that a natural gas explosion has occurred in Detroit. In August 2019, an explosion on the city’s east side destroyed one home and damaged two others but no injuries were reported.
The explosion attorneys at Pritzker Hageman represent people nationwide who have been injured in explosions. If you would like a free consultation with our Explosions Team, call us at 1-888-377-8900, text us at 612-261-0856 or, complete the form below.