Although millions of people use rideshare companies every day, most don’t know what to do if they are involved in an accident. Pritzker Hageman’s Uber and Lyft Team represents clients nationwide who have been injured in accidents involving rideshare vehicles. Here’s what they advise.
Here’s what our team recommends if you are in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle.
What to do after an Uber or Lyft Accident
If your injuries do not prevent you from doing so:
- Check to see if others are hurt.
- Call 911.
- Gather and exchange pertinent information such as names of people involved, names of witnesses, phone numbers, license plate numbers.
- Take photos.
- Notify the rideshare company through the feedback portion of the app.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries.
- Write down all that you can remember about the accident.
- Call a lawyer who specializes in rideshare accidents.
An Uber or Lyft accident lawyer can help you determine if you are able to file a lawsuit. If you are injured, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Surgery, hospitalization and other medical expenses.
- Physical therapy.
- Lost wages.
Experienced Uber and Lyft Accident Legal Team
If you were injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, contact our experienced team of accident lawyers about a free consultation or call them at 1 (888) 377-8900 (toll-free). The consultation is free and there is no obligation.