A South Dakota man died in a camper explosion and fire on Tuesday night. Michael Freiderichs (71) was inside the camper in Wahpeton, ND when it exploded and caught on fire. He was taken to St. Francis Medical Center in Breckenridge, MN and then airlifted to Sanford Medical Center in Fargo. Friederichs died from his injuries late on Wednesday. Authorities say that a faulty propane furnace in the camper caused the explosion.
Our fire and explosion lawyers represent injured people and families who suffered the loss of a loved one due to a propane explosion. We have collected millions of dollars for our clients and their families. Attorneys Fred Pritzker and Eric Hageman, who lead our fire and explosion legal team, recently obtained a $10 million recovery for a man who suffered serious third-degree burns in an explosion caused by a propane tank.
While no amount of money could ever make up for the loss your family suffered, filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the propane company whose negligent actions caused your loved one’s death will enable your family to seek justice and compensation for damages such as medical bills, funeral expenses, and others. If you would like to talk to a lawyer about your family’s legal rights, please fill out the form below, call 1-888-377-8900, or text 612-261-0856.