A house explosion and fire from a gas leak last Thursday seriously injured Don Osteen, a resident of Maud, OK, and his granddaughter. Mr. Osteen sadly passed away from his injuries on Monday, September 23rd. He and his three-year-old granddaughter Paetyn were eating lunch on Thursday, September 19th, when their house exploded. Family recount that Don, while suffering from serious burn injuries, protected Paetyn from the flames and carried her to safety. A helicopter airlifted them to Integris Burn Center. Officials say that Paetyn suffered burns on 30% of her body. Upon being admitted to the hospital, Don was in critical condition with burns on 70% of his body, broken ribs, and a collapsed lung. The explosion and fire leveled the house in Maud, OK. Fire officials say that a gas leak, possibly propane, caused the explosion.

Talk to a Fire and Explosion Lawyer

Experienced Fire and Explosion Lawyers

Our award-winning team of fire and explosion lawyers help burn victims and their families. We have represented clients across the country, including in Oklahoma. Recently, we obtained a $5.1 million recovery for an Oklahoma man with an amputation injury. For a free legal consultation, please fill out the form below, call 1-888-377-8900, or text 612-261-0856 — we are here to help you and your family.

We are not paid unless you win. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.