A house explosion and fire in Shawano County seriously injured four men on Monday. Two men have sadly died from their injuries, including homeowner Steve Verg (62) and Michael Suehring (64). The explosion happened off County Road M and Verg Road in Grant, WI. As members of the Caroline Lions Club, the men were meeting to get ready for the Caroline Lions Coloroma trail ride, the club’s biggest fundraiser of the year. First responders arrived at the scene at about 4:00 PM and took the men to area hospitals by ambulance or helicopter. Verg was being treated at a hospital in Madison where he died from his injuries last Wednesday. The other three men suffered third-degree burns on about 50% of their bodies. Suehring died last Friday. The Shawano County Sheriff says the cause of the explosion appears to be a propane leak or malfunction.

Nationally-Recognized Explosion Lawyers

Our fire and explosion lawyers help burn victims and families who suffered the wrongful death of a loved one. Filing a house explosion lawsuit can help your family seek justice and compensation from the wrongdoers who harmed you. We have won hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Recently, our lawyers obtained a $10 million recovery for a man burned in a house fire. For a free legal consultation, please fill out the form below, call 1-888-377-8900, or text 612-261-0856.

We are not paid unless you win. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.