Caldwell, TX House Explosion Injures 1, Neighbor Smelled Gas Before Blast

A Caldwell, TX man was injured when an explosion occurred at his home just before midnight on April 21. Gene Barber suffered second-degree and third-degree burns and was taken to CHI St. Joseph Hospital in Bryan.

Neighbors told local media they heard a loud noise, went outside and saw that the house, located near the intersection of O’Neal Street and Third Street, had exploded. They rushed to see if they could help. Police found Barber who was trapped beneath the rubble and badly injured.

One neighbor told KBTX-TV that she thought she had smelled gas when she was out in the backyard earlier in evening on the night of the explosion. Natural gas and liquid propane are odorless and have an odorant that smells like rotten eggs added to them to serve as warning. Any time you smell it, you should call the gas company, authorities said. Their investigation of the blast is ongoing.

“Many times, the exact cause of the fire or explosion is not immediately known,” said Eric Hageman, an explosion lawyer with Pritzker Hageman. “When a client hires us, we do our own investigation and take steps to get to the bottom of what happened and why and determine which companies may have been responsible.”

Pritzker Hageman represents people who have been injured and families who have lost loved ones in explosions. Our explosion attorneys have recovered multi-million settlements for their clients, including a $40 million settlement for one client who was severely burned. Our lead lawyers for these cases are Fred Pritzker and Eric Hageman, To contact them call 1 (888) 377-8900 (toll-free) or click here. The consultation is free and there is no obligation.

Share this article:

Category: Explosion, Fire and Burn Injuries
Ready to talk?

We're here to listen. Tell us what happened to you.

We are not paid unless you win. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Related Articles