Trailer Explosion Kills Baton Rouge Man

A Baton Rouge Man has died from injuries he sustained when his trailer exploded after he lit a cigarette. The explosion took place in the 2200 block of Park Circle around 2 a.m. on Sunday.

Jason McNemar, 44, had been living in the trailer while making repairs to his flood-damaged home. He told neighbors, who rushed to his aid when they heard the blast, that he was trying to light a cigarette when the explosion occurred. McNemar suffered severe burns and was transported by ambulance to a local hospital where he died Monday from his injuries.

The explosion and subsequent fire completely destroyed the trailer and damaged adjacent homes. Fire officials have not yet determined the cause of the explosion, but they suspect a propane leak.

Very few law firms have a successful track record with propane tank explosion lawsuits.  To contact our experienced team, call 1 (888) 377-8900 (toll free) or click here.

Propane Gas No Smoking Sign


Share this article:

Category: Explosion, Fire and Burn Injuries
Ready to talk?

We're here to listen. Tell us what happened to you.

We are not paid unless you win. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Related Articles