Man Dies in White County, GA House Explosion

A propane leak was the source of a February 3 house explosion in White County, GA that killed one man. Edgar Brummett, a Vietnam veteran who recently celebrated his 71st birthday, died when he went to check on a problem with the furnace at his grandson’s house located on Duncan Bridge Road in Sautee Nacoochee.

Prior to the explosion, he had suspected a leak and contacted the gas company about it, but no action was taken his family told WSB-TV. Famly members told WSB that they suspected a leak because 12o gallons had been added to the tank in December and was gone.

White County is in the northeast corner of Georgia, about 30 miles from the border of Tennessee. The house was located near the Habersham County line. Windows of nearby homes were blown out.

Neighbors told reporters that they heard a loud blast and saw a flaming debris and that the woods surrounding the home were on fire. News footage shows only the foundation of the house and the propane tank remained after the blast which occurred at around 10:30 a.m.

Home Burned in Fire

Share this article:

Category: Explosion, Fire and Burn Injuries
Ready to talk?

We're here to listen. Tell us what happened to you.

We are not paid unless you win. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Related Articles