Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Assault
This week a lawsuit was filed on behalf of a woman alleging she was sexually assaulted in her hotel room by a co-worker who was given a key to her room by hotel staff after he said he was her boyfriend.
It took courage for this woman to come forward and take on Embassy Suites and its parent company, Hilton Worldwide. It will take more courage to fight this through to the end.
According to the Post and Courier, the suit outlines the alleged facts of the case as follows:
- The woman rented a room at the Embassy Suites located at 5055 International Blvd., North Charleston, South Carolina, the night of a company Christmas party, December 14, 2013.
- She drank 2 mildly alcoholic beverages before the party and Sprite soda pop during the party.
- During the event, she began to feel ill and suffered from symptoms of being drugged.
- A co-worker took the woman to her hotel room and left again.
- Another co-worker went to the hotel check-in desk and asked for a key to the woman’s room, claiming to be her boyfriend.
- The staff member provided a key to the room without getting the woman’s permission.
- The woman woke up the next morning in the hospital.
- Hotel staff said she had been raped.
Although our law firm is not handling this case, our lawyers have experience successfully suing a hotel. We know how difficult these cases can be and hope this woman gets justice.