A tragic accident in Caroline, Virginia took the life of a woman from Beaverdam. She had just finished getting gas at Caroline Supermarket and had turned onto Route 639 (Lady Smith Road) when a Mack Truck hauling tree debris turned off of Route 738 (Anderson Mill Road). The truck, driven by a 50-year-old of Unionville, turned the corner, crossed the double yellow line and turned over onto her car, crushing it.
The preliminary investigation found speed was a possible factor. The driver has been charged with Reckless Driving, a criminal charge.
Questions that Need Answers
- Was the truck driver speeding?
- Was the driver qualified to be driving the Mack dump truck?
- Did the truck driver have past traffic violations?
- Who was the owner of the truck?
- Who was the owner of the tree debris?
- Did a malfunction of any part of the truck cause the crash or contribute to its severity?
It is critical in these cases to find all legally responsible parties (individuals and companies) so that the family can be fully compensated for their tragic loss. We are a Minnesota law firm with offices in Minneapolis, MN.