Recall expanded yet again: On April 20, the Blue Bell Creameries recall was expanded to include all of its products made at all of its plants. This is an update to the recall below.
These ice cream products produced at the Broken Arrow, Oklahoma facility were recalled in March:
- Banana Pudding – 021217S
- Butter Crunch – 021917S
- Mint Chocolate Chip – 022017S
- Cookies ‘n Cream – 030317S, 030617S
- Homemade Vanilla – 030417S
- Dutch Chocolate – 032317S
- Moo-llennium Crunch – 032417S, 032517S
- Rainbow Sherbet – 021717S, 021817S, 022317S, 030217S
- Orange Sherbet – 032617S
- Mixed Berry Sherbet – 032717S
- 3 oz Tab Lid Cup *institutional use only* Rainbow Sherbet – 022417S, 022617S, 022717S
- Gold Rim Half Gallon – Ice Cream Homemade Vanilla – 030917T, 031017T, 031117T, 031217T, 031617T, 031717T, 031817T
- Brown Rim Half Gallon – Ice Cream Pistachio Almond – 031317T
- Homemade Vanilla Light – 031917T
Earlier this month, the company issued a recall of some of its single-serving ice cream products because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Now the company has issued a recall of single serving ice cream cups distributed to institutions and food service companies, and not sold thru retail outlets such as convenience stores and supermarkets. Below is a list of the newly recalled products:
- Chocolate (3 FL OZ) No UPC – SKU #453;
- Strawberry (3 FL OZ) No UPC – SKU #452;
- Vanilla (3 FL OZ) No UPC – SKU #451.
To date, there have been no reports of illness related to the 3 products above. However, some of the Blue Bell ice cream products listed below have been linked to 5 listeriosis cases at Via Christi Hospital in Wichita, Kansas.
- Chocolate Chip Country Cookie – UPC 71899-21169;
- Great Divide Bar – UPC 71899-21178;
- Sour Pop Green Apple Bar – UPC 71899-21208;
- Cotton Candy Bar – UPC 71899-21207;
- Scoops – UPC 71899-00701;
- Vanilla Stick Slices – No UPC – SKU #964;
- Almond Bars – UPC 71899-21138;
- 6 Pack Cotton Candy Bars – UPC 71899-62257;
- 6 pack Sour Pop Green Apple Bars – UPC 71899-62258;
- 12 pack No Sugar Added Mooo Bars – UPC 71899-62305.
Bacteria Found in Chocolate Ice Cream Cup
On March 22, the Kansas Department of Health & Environment reported one positive test for Listeria monocytogenes on a chocolate institutional/food service cup (Ice Cream Cup Chocolate (3 FL OZ) No UPC – SKU #453) recovered from a hospital in Wichita, Kansas. This product was produced in the Blue Bell Broken Arrow, Okla., plant on April 15, 2014.
The recalled ice cream cups listed below were distributed in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wyoming via food service accounts.