Man Dies in Boiler Explosion in Revere, MA
A boiler explosion has killed a Revere, MA man. Reyes Bertrand, 50, a husband and father of two, died while checking on a boiler that had recently been malfunctioning.
The explosion occurred just after 4:30 a.m. on February 15 in a multifamily home located at 785 Revere Beach Parkway. No other injuries were reported.
Fire officials described the blast as a highly unusual incident caused by a catastrophic failure. They are still working to determine the source of the failure.
Families told local media that the boiler had been malfunctioning for several days and had acted up again on Wednesday morning so Bertrand went down to the basement to check on it shortly before the blast occurred. A GoFundMe page has been set up to help his family.
When someone dies due to the negligence of another, a “wrongful death claim” can be filed by family members who are considered “next of kin” including spouses, parents, children and other relatives. The goal of a wrongful death suit is to get justice for families and to make sure they do not needlessly suffer financially. A wrongful death lawsuit is not a criminal prosecution, only state or federal prosecutors can bring criminal charges. The reason for a wrongful death claim is to compensate the heirs of the deceased.
Pritzker Hageman has a track record of successfully representing families of those who have died in explosions including a recent $10 million for a man who was severely burned when a propane tank exploded. To contact them, for a free, no-obligation consultation, call 1 (888) 377-8900 (toll free) or click here.
16 February, 2017