Recent Recoveries for Truck-Pedestrian Accidents
- $1,536,921 on behalf of a 36 year-old man whose wheel chair was struck by a garbage truck as the man tried to cross a busy road. He used a motorized chair due to pre-existing rheumatoid arthritis. The crash resulted in a hip fracture that required surgery and caused the man to lose additional function.
- $1,700,000 on behalf of a 42 year-old man who was run over by a semi-tractor as the man stood beside the road while assisting another motorist who crashed in an earlier accident. The victim sustained a number of fractures and internal injuries from which he never fully recovered.
If a pedestrian is hit by a commercial truck, there may be several parties liable for any damage. Damages (compensation for injuries) may include:
- Past, present and future medical expenses;
- Loss of wages and future earnings;
- Other out-of pocket expenses;
- “No fault” benefits;
- Pain and suffering (for personal injury claims only);
- Interference with family relationships (spouse, child, etc.).
Accident Wrongful Death Claim
If the pedestrian is killed, the victim’s family can make a wrongful death claim. Any monetary compensation recovered from insurance companies and other parties is dispersed to the spouse and next of kin under an agreement that is approved by the court.