Truck Company Insurance Covers Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims
Interstate commercial trucking companies are required to have insurance to cover accidents in North Dakota involving bodily injury and wrongful death. The insurance companies do whatever they can to pay accident victims the least amount possible. It is their job. Our job as attorneys is to get them to pay victims and their families full and adequate compensation for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional distress and other damages.
One of the following insurance companies may be involved in your North Dakota semi truck accident (this is a partial list):
- Ace American Insurance Co.
- Starr Indemnity & Liability Insurance Company
- Protective Insurance Co.
- Factory Mutual Insurance Company
- National Interstate Insurance Company
- ARCH Insurance Company
- Zurich American Insurance Company
- Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Gemini Insurance Company
- General Insurance Company of America
- Old Republic Insurance Co.
- Discover Property and Casualty Insurance Co.
- SAFECO Insurance Company of America
- National Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
If the semi truck driver was at fault, the insurance company may offer you a settlement. We highly recommend you speak to an experienced lawyer before you decide whether to accept the offer. Consultations are free.
North Dakota Semi Truck Accident Lawsuit Venue
Depending on the facts of the truck accident, a lawsuit may be filed in state or federal court. The facts will determine if the suit should be filed in North Dakota or another state. These are critical decisions that should be made by an experienced attorney.
The United States District Court for North Dakota is headquartered in Bismarck, with a divisional office in Fargo and satellite offices in Grand Forks and Minot.
The North Dakota Supreme Court is divided into the following districts:
- Northwest Judicial District
- Northeast Judicial District
- Northeast Central Judicial District
- East Central Judicial District
- Southeast Judicial District
- South Central Judicial District
- Southwest Judicial District