A gas leak is the suspected source of a house explosion in Lackawanna, NY that killed 92-year-old Irene Sanok this morning. A fire followed the blast which occurred around 7:20 a.m. today completely destroying the Bedford Ave home. Irene Sanok, believed to be the only person inside the home at the time of the blast, was pronounced dead at the scene. An investigation is underway.
Contact the Pritzker Hageman Explosion Lawyers Today
Phone: 888-377-8900 | Text: 612-261-0856
The house was located in the city’s Fourth Ward where 600 people lost power after the explosion. Neighbors told local media that they felt the ground and the walls of their homes shake. Seven other homes were damaged.
Michael Salamone, a volunteer firefighter who lives across the street, saw the explosion, went for his gear, and ran to help, according to WGRZ. Another neighbor told the station that when she looked out her window she was startled to see a mattress on the roof of another house.
The initial investigation is expected to take several days.
Our nationally recognized, award-winning team represents people all over the country who have been injured in explosions and families who have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one. For a free consultation, please call 1-888-377-8900, text 612-261-0856, or complete the form below.