Burgers, gyros and kufta kabobs produced by Ryding-Regency Meat Packers, Ltd. in Ontario, Canada and sold at retail stores in the U.S. are being recalled for potential contamination with E. coli O157:H7. The products were sold under multiple brand names including Kronos, Devanco, Ziyad, Shop Rite and Landis. Consumers who have purchased these products should not eat them as E. coli can cause serious illness and death.
Contact a Pritzker Hageman E. coli Lawyer
Phone: 1-888-377-8900 | Text: 1-612-261-0856
Health officials are concerned that the recalled beef products, produced on May 27 and 30, 2019, may be in the freezers of institutions and retailers in Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Or, that consumers living in those states may have the recalled items in their freezers.
The recalled products include:
- DEVANCO FOODS CHICAGO’S FAVORITE” GYROS SLICES (STRIPS) sold frozen in 10-lb. cardboard boxes with a case code 159
- KRONOS HALAL GYROS STRIPS” HALAL CERTIFIED BEEF GYROS UNCOOKED, IQF STRIPS sold frozen in 10-lb. cardboard boxes with a case code 19 159
- ZIYAD PREMIUM QUALITY Beef Hamburger Patties” with a case code 911541.021541 sold in retail size cardboard boxes containing 8 patties.
- ZIYAD PREMIUM QUALITY Uncooked Kufta Kabob” with a case code 911154.021154 sold in retail size cardboard boxes containing 8 kabobs.
- “Shop Rite 100% PURE QUARTER POUND Ground Beef Hamburgers” and a sell-by date of 060720 sold in 8-lb. cardboard box packages containing bulk plastic-wrapped raw frozen ground beef patties
- “Shop Rite 100% PURE Ground Beef Hamburgers” and a sell-by date of 060720 sold in 3-lb. cardboard box packages containing plastic wrapped raw frozen ground beef patties.
- LANDIS BRAND 100% ALL BEEF PATTIES 8 Quarter Pound Patties” and a sell-by date of 060720 sold in 2-lb. cardboard box packages containing plastic wrapped raw frozen ground beef patties.