Three Injured and One Killed in Drunk Driving Incident in New Richmond, Wisconsin

On early Sunday Morning, January 29th, emergency personnel responded to an alcohol-related, one-vehicle crash at the intersection of 170th Ave. and 112th Street in Richmond, Wis. One of the passengers was killed in the crash. Two other passengers were injured in the crash and transported to regional hospitals with injuries.

According to the St. Croix County Sheriff the driver of the Volkswagen Jetta was intoxicated and failed negotiate a turn, causing his vehicle to enter a ditch, strike a utility pole, and overturn.

The driver, who was also injured in the crash, was arrested and booked at the St. Croix County Jail pending criminal charges for homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle.

We know people who are arrested for drunk driving numerous times. It seems nothing can keep them from putting others at risk.

Can I Sue a Drunk Driver for Causing a Crash If I was a Passenger in The Car?

Yes, you can sue a drunk driver if you were injured in a crash and the drunk driver was at fault, even if  you were in the same vehicle. If a drunk driver was responsible for the death of a husband, wife, son, or daughter, you can sue under state wrongful death laws. It is also possible that claims can be filed against others, including a bar or restaurant, that served or provided alcohol to the driver before the accident.

Drinking and Driving
Alcohol-impaired drivers are involved in about 1 in 3 crash deaths. Choose not to drink and drive and help others do the same.

Accident Lawyers at Pritzker Hageman Law Firm

The accident lawyers at Pritzker Hageman Law Firm have won millions for clients involved in motor vehicle accidents. If you or a loved one has been involved in a drunk driving accident, you can contact them for a free consultation at 1-888-377-8900 or by filling out our consultation request form.


Sheriff: Driver Arrested In Deadly St. Croix County Crash

Share this article:

Category: Wrongful Death
Ready to talk?

We're here to listen. Tell us what happened to you.

We are not paid unless you win. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Related Articles