Eric Hageman was named a “Top 100 Lawyer” in Minnesota by the American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA), “an invitation-only, nationwide organization of elite lawyers.” ASLA’s exclusive membership comprises less than 1.5% of all licensed lawyers nationwide.
ASLA’s Top 100 Lawyers listing recognizes exceptional legal talent, with lawyers being selected after a multi-stage review that looks at the following:
- Information on the firm website;
- Client assessments;
- Publicly-available filings, including verdict and settlement information;
- Educational accomplishments;
- Involvement and leadership in bar associations and professional organizations, which can include time teaching legal seminars;
- Demonstrated legal achievement; and
- Community activities.
If a lawyer passes the first phase of the nomination process, a separate lawyer reviews all of the information and confirms nominations. In the final stage, the list of finalists is again reviewed and candidates either are confirmed for invitation or placed on a holding list for reconsideration the following year.
$16 Million Won in 2014 Alone
Eric helped clients win over $16 million in 2014. The following are a few of his 2014 recoveries for personal injury and wrongful death:
- $5,150,000 for a motorcyclist who was hit by a delivery truck;
- $4,050,000 for a family in a wrongful death lawsuit;
- $1,558,300.86 for the daughter of a man who was killed when when he rear-ended an illegally stopped semitrailer; and
- $1,075,000 for a family who suffered physical and emotional injuries when a semi truck ran a stop sign and crashed into their minivan.