Today our E. coli lawyers filed the first lawsuit in the E. coli O111 outbreak linked to Applebee’s restaurants in Blaine, Duluth, Monticello, Roseville and Woodbury, Minnesota. At least 7 people who ate at these restaurants were sickened. There were also 6 other people sickened in the outbreak who did not eat at Applebee’s.
The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Keith Comstock, who was diagnosed with an E. coli O111 infection after eating Oriental Chicken Salad at the Applebee’s restaurant located at 10150 Hudson Road, Woodbury, Minnesota. Food safety attorneys Ryan Osterholm, Brendan Flaherty and Fred Pritzker are representing him. They have won millions for people sickened in outbreaks of food poisoning. One of their recent cases resulted in a $4.5 million settlement for their client, who suffered from both E. coli and hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS).
You can call 612-338-0202 or click here now to contact our lawyers and get your free consultation.
The lawsuit was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
”It is still unclear what food item in the salad caused our client’s ilness,” said Brendan. “Our client hopes to use the power of the courts to help get answers and keep more people from getting sick.”
Our lawyers are providing free case reviews to others sickened in this outbreak, both those who ate at Applebee’s and those who did not. Everyone sickened in the outbreak has the right to seek compensation for the harm caused by the contaminated food (most likely produce).
On June 24, 2014, our client ate Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad, which contained, among other things, carrots, cabbage and greens. The lawsuit alleges this salad was contaminated with E. coli O111 bacteria and unfit for human consumption.
by June 27, our client was suffering from severe abdominal pain. He sought medical treatment and was diagnosed with E. coli O111 food poisoning. His illness lasted for several weeks, and he is at risk for future health problems, including kidney damage.