If your husband was killed in a motorcycle accident, our lawyers can help you protect your legal rights.
We are sorry for your tragic loss. Although there are a lot of legal issues, you do not have to shoulder these alone. We are a law firm that has helped many families after fatal accidents get answers, compensation, including a recent settlement of $6 million for one family. Attorneys Raymond Trueblood-Konz, Eric Hageman and David Coyle are our lead lawyers for these cases. Contact Raymond, Eric and David for a free consultation: 1-888-377-8900 (toll free).
5 Steps to Take to Protect Your Legal Rights and Get Justice
Below are 5 steps you can take to protect your legal rights.
- Contact our law firm using our free consultation form (click here). There is no obligation for you to hire an attorney at our firm, so it is an opportunity for you to talk with an attorney for free and get some answers.
- After you have submitted the form, write down your questions.
- Talk to one of our attorneys on the phone. You can have other family members participate, and make sure to take notes.
- If you want to meet with an attorney in person before hiring our law firm, that is no problem. You can come to our office or the attorney can travel to your home. Our attorneys travel throughout the United States helping families with wrongful death claims. Either way, we recommend involving other family members if that makes you more comfortable.
- If you decide to hire our firm, you will need to sign a retainer. You will not have to pay any money up front because we are not paid unless you win.
Our lead motorcycle accident lawyers for these cases are Eric Hageman, David Coyle and Raymond Trueblood-Konz. They have won multimillion-dollar recoveries for clients. Read about some of our top results here.
What is a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
In cases where someone has died because of the negligence of a driver, the family has a wrongful death claim against the driver, and possibly others. For example, if the driver of an 18-wheeler hauling freight is at fault for the crash, the family may have claims against the driver, his or her employer, the owner of the semi-tractor, the owner of the trailer, the owner of the freight, the manufacturer of a defective part (brakes, steering mechanism), the manufacturer of the semi-tractor and/or the manufacturer of the trailer.
What family members can sue depends on a number of factors. Generally, a spouse, parent, child, grandparent and grandchild may have the right to compensation, and in many cases, other family members also have the right to some compensation. The court (the judge assigned to the case) generally decides how money obtained in a settlement or verdict is dispersed to the family. For example, if the husband who died had dependent children, his wife and children would get the bulk of the money recovered.
We are a personal injury law firm that has helped many, many families with wrongful death claims. Our goals are to get answers, compensation and justice. We are here to protect your legal rights if you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle accident that has resulted in a serious injury or death. We are here at the beginning to help you collect the evidence needed to support your lawsuit. We are here to be your advocate throughout the legal process while we fight to get you compensation and justice.
Watch for Motorcycles and Prevent Fatal Accidents
Many of our cases involve a driver who says he or she did not see the cyclist. The facts are that serious accidents and death occur with tragic frequency. Over 4000 motorcyclists are killed each year on U.S. roads. We want to join the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in reminding drivers to “safely share the road with motorcycles and to be extra alert to help keep motorcyclists safe.”