We generally only take knee surgery infection cases where a doctor did not correctly diagnose the infection. Please read the following before contacting us: Hospital Infection Case Information.
- Have you had a knee surgery infection?
- Do you want to know if you can sue the hospital and/or doctor for the damage that the infection caused, including septic arthritis or amputation?
- Did your family member die after contracting an infection after surgery?
Any knee surgery, even minor surgery, can result in infection to the wound. These infections can be caused by a number of bacteria, including but not limited to:
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Mycobacterium thermoresistibile
- Peptostreptococcus micros
- E. coli
Knee Surgery Infection Lawsuit
If you or a loved one developed an infection after knee surgery, you may have grounds for a lawsuit against a doctor, hospital and/or manufacturer of a medical device put into the knee. Possible claims include the following:
- Hospital malpractice for negligent surgical practices, including failure to have a sterile operating room or failure to keep a medical device sterile;
- Surgery malpractice;
- for negligent performance of surgery;
- Medical malpractice for failure to diagnose and treat the infection;
- Product liability due to a defective medical device (there have been recalls of medical devices because the devices were not sterile).
Medical malpractice and product liability cases are complex, expensive and hard to win. You need a lawyer who has the experience and resources to see your case through a trial if necessary. You should not choose a lawyer who has not had significant courtroom experience.
We are a nationally-recognized personal injury law firm with significant experience in medical malpractice, product liability and wrongful death. Our lawyers frequently speak at legal seminars and have been interviewed by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Lawyers USA and other publications. Fred Pritzker and Eric Hageman, experienced malpractice lawyers at our law firm, have been named “Super Lawyers” by Law & Politics magazine. We have recently recovered $950,000 for a man who developed septic arthritis because his knee infection was not diagnosed and treated. To contact one of our lawyers about a lawsuit, submit our free case consultation form.